Community invited to public input meeting on proposed changes to Cornerstone Park Site Plan
The public is invited to an open house-style public input meeting on the proposed Cornerstone Park Revised Site Plan, which includes possible future improvements to the park. The meeting will take place at Cornerstone Park, on Thursday, June 27, from 5:30 - 7 p.m., at the shelter, located just west of the Pickleball courts. In case of inclement weather, the meeting will be moved to Buck Recreation Center.
The Revised Site Plan includes the following:
- Conversion of the existing seven multi-use fields to synthetic turf with sports lighting. The light fixtures will be LED with full cut-off to eliminate glare and light trespass outside the field area. An accessible route will provide access to the fields.
- Addition of a road connecting the skate park and the playground parking lots to improve circulation and safety within the park.
- Addition of six lighted Pickleball courts and lighting the existing horseshoe pits in the active adult area.
- Addition of a trail connection to Progress Park at the northeast corner of the site.
- Removal of the undeveloped volleyball courts, fourth ballfield, amphitheater, xeriscape sculpture garden and tree nursery from the Site Plan.
If approved, conversion of two multi-use fields to synthetic turf with sports lighting may occur as early as 2020. There is no time frame for the other proposed improvements.
To view the proposed improvements, visit ssprd.org/Construction-Detours. Send comments to Senior Park Planner Pam Cornelisse, at firstname.lastname@example.org.