Welcome to Clay Arts at Goodson!
Students can learn the basics of pottery wheel throwing and glazing or focus on different techniques when throwing and centering or be introduced new tools and techniques and helping students continue to perfect their skills. Even though it is designed for all skills students will receive the individual attention needed to advance their techniques. Registered Students are encouraged to use the studio during the open lab hours.
Clay and tools purchased during classes. No outside clay is allowed. The cost of clay covers all firings and glazes for pieces less than 12 inches in height or width. There may be additional fees for items over 12 inches in height or width. Email coordinator with details or questions.
Our studio is equipped with eleven electric wheels, extruder, slab roller, three electric kilns, high-fire gas kiln and RAKU kiln. It’s a place where students of all levels work side by side.
Minimum Class Requirements:
- Must be able to carry/lift 25lbs
- Follow all studio rules and policies
- Must be able to follow step by step directions and carry out directions independently
Individuals are encouraged to act in a way that will not hurt another person physically, mentally or emotionally. A participant may be asked to withdraw from a class or program if behavior does not comply with the facility and program standards.
• Appropriate social behavior is required.
• Participants must follow directions and stay with the group at all times.
• Refrain from using abusive or foul language.
• Refrain from causing bodily harm to self, other
participants, program staff or property.
• The use of drugs, alcohol and weapons are prohibited at any SSPR Program.