The Goodson, Lone Tree and Sheridan Recreation Centers are open. SSPRD is committed to meeting and exceeding all government mandates to minimize the spread of COVID-19 for both participants and staff. Enhanced disinfection practices, staff screening processes and additional measures have been implemented.
Updated hours of operation:
Monday - Friday, 11:30 am-7 pm
Saturday - Sunday, Closed
The Recreation Centers are open with the following guidelines:
- The Sheridan Recreation Center is currently open for general workouts, Pickleball and drop-in group fitness.
- Get additional information and guidelines for group fitness here.
- Check the catalog for additional registration based programs.
- Reservations are no longer required for general workouts or pickleball. Capacities will be monitored and guests may be asked to wait if facilities are at their maximum.
- Pickleball: Doubles play will be held and players will rotate in if courts are full. Pickleballers must provide their own equipment. Guests will be asked to wait 6' apart and to wear a mask while waiting for their turn.
- Drop-in gym use is permitted while other programs and events are not scheduled. Use must be limited to individual play or play with those of the same household. Guests must provide their own equipment. Pick-up games or group play is not permitted, unless organized leagues by SSPRD. Check the online gym schedule available here.
- All guests must come workout ready which means dressed to participate with a filled water bottle. Lockers and showers are not currently available. Drinking fountains will be limited to bottle fillers only.
- The following are not currently available: showers, lockers, locker rooms for changing, lobby games/furniture and the Creativity Lab..
- Appropriate facial coverings/masks, covering the nose and mouth, are required inside the facility. Masks must be worn at all times with the following exceptions:
- Those ages 10 and younger.
- Those in the pool. Masks cannot be worn in the water.
- Those completing exercise where a mask may interfere with their respiratory function.
- All guests must maintain 6' of distance from others in the facility. Equipment will be spaced out and some equipment may be unavailable to meet this requirement.
- No cash will be allowed. Credit/debit cards for daily drop-in payment and admission punches will accepted.
- Monthly and annual passes were activated June 15. All other passes (SilverSneakers, RenewActive, Silver&Fit) and punches are immediately available for use, including daily admission purchases. Passes and punches are non-refundable.
- Monthly passes were paused upon facility closures.
- Annual passes will be extended the same number of days facilities were closed.
- Anyone who is sick or has symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult guardian.
- Guests who fail to follow guidelines and staff direction may be asked to leave and refunds will not be issued.
All guidelines and operating hours will regularly be evaluated and are subject to change based on demands and updated guidelines.
Stay up-to-date with all District updates at https://www.ssprd.org/Safe-Return.
Questions about reservations or safe return? Contact Assistant Director of Recreation, Kelsey Whisler, at email@example.com.