The Goodson, Lone Tree and Sheridan Recreation Centers are open. SSPRD is committed to meeting and exceeding all government mandates to minimize the spread of COVID-19 for both participants and staff. Enhanced disinfection practices, staff screening processes and additional measures have been implemented.
Updated hours of operation:
Monday - Friday, 6 am - 7 pm
Saturday - Sunday, 8 am - noon
Check the online pool and gym schedules here.
Reservation Update: Reservations are no longer required for general workouts and indoor pool leisure/open swim. Beginning August 3, reservations will also be discontinued for lap swim. Reservations will continue for group fitness until further notice. See below for more detail.
Reservation instructions available here.
The recreation centers are open with the following guidelines:
- The Lone Tree Recreation Center is currently open for general workouts, aquatics offerings and drop-in group fitness.
- Get additional information and guidelines for aquatics here and group fitness here. Information regarding swim lessons can be found here.
- Check the catalog for additional registration based programs.
- Reservations are required for group fitness. Reservations are available 24 hours in advance online here. Capacities are limited to ensure compliance with COVID-19 guidelines. Click here for instructions on how to make an online reservation.
- Drop-in pickleball is available during scheduled sessions. Pickleball is on a first come, first serve basis with limited capacities. Doubles play will be held and players will rotate in if courts are full. Players must provide their own equipment.
- Goodson: Mondays 3-6 pm
- Lone Tree: Tuesdays 12:30-3:30 pm
- Sheridan: Monday-Friday 11:30am-3pm
- Check online gym schedules here for up-to-date offerings.
- Showers and lockers are available on a very limited basis. Guests are encouraged to come workout/pool ready which means dressed (and showered for pools) to participate with a filled water bottle. Drinking fountains will be limited to bottle fillers only.
- Drop-in gym use is permitted while other programs and events are not scheduled. Use must be limited to individual play or play with those of the same household. Guests must provide their own equipment. Pick-up games or group play is not permitted, unless organized leagues by SSPRD
- The following are not currently available: drop-in childcare or hot tubs.
- Appropriate facial coverings/masks, covering the nose and mouth, are required inside the facility. Masks must be worn at all times with the following exceptions:
- Those ages 10 and younger.
- Those in the pool. Masks cannot be worn in the water.
- Those completing exercise where a mask may interfere with their respiratory function.
- All guests must maintain six feet of distance from others in the facility. Equipment will be spaced out and some equipment may be unavailable to meet this requirement.
- No cash will be allowed. Credit/debit cards for daily drop-in payment and admission punches will accepted.
- Monthly and annual passes were activated June 15. All other passes (SilverSneakers, RenewActive, Silver&Fit) and punches will immediately be available for use, including daily admission purchases. Passes and punches are non-refundable.
- Monthly passes were paused upon facility closures.
- Annual passes will be extended the same number of days facilities were closed.
- Anyone who is sick or has symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult guardian.
- Guests who fail to follow guidelines and staff direction may be asked to leave and refunds will not be issued.
All guidelines and operating hours will regularly be evaluated and are subject to change based on demands and updated guidelines.
Stay up-to-date with all District updates at https://www.ssprd.org/Safe-Return.
Questions about reservations or safe return? Contact Assistant Director of Recreation, Kelsey Whisler, at firstname.lastname@example.org.